Tuesday, January 15, 2008

 

So, basically, when the Terrorism Threat Level is "orange," the threat level in my bathroom is "red"

According to John Tierney in today's "Science Times Section" of the New York Times:
when statisticians look at cold numbers, they have variously estimated the chances of the average person dying in America at the hands of international terrorists to be comparable to the risk of dying from eating peanuts, being struck by an asteroid or drowning in a toilet.
Thus, my bathroom is far more dangerous to me than international terrorists, when you consider the added risks of slipping in the shower, of hitting my head on the corner of the medicine cabinet door when I stand up after picking up the dropped toothpaste-tube cap, and the fact that I on occasion eat peanuts in the bathroom...

Comments:
Freaking hilarious. What are the odds of drowning in a toilet? Inquiring minds want to know...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]