Sunday, April 29, 2007

 

The sweetness of life

Yesterday as B and I went for a lengthy walk around the neighborhood on a beautiful spring day, I stepped into a small gardening excavation at the edge of the sidewalk and turned my ankle.

B, a believer in the healing powers of liniment, kept hocking me to put some on "as soon as we get home." Finally, my will to resist was overborne:
"Alright, already! I'll put a little liniment on it!"
That's the sentence that formed in my mind, but it came out somewhat garbled.

Why don't you try it? I'll put a little liniment on it! Three times fast.

Isn't life wonderful? It deals you a sprained ankle, but then turns right around and provides you with a previously-unknown tongue-twister that you can use to surprise and delight your friends!

At this rate of exchange, I'll be dead in less than 20 years.

Comments:
Yeah, all those l-sounds will trip you up. They're just hard to produce -- kids learn them very late, and they are prone to all kinds of weirdness.

Hope the ankle's OK!
 
A sprained hers on Friday. :(

Maybe you should give her a call (and let us know where to get some liniment so we can put some on hers, too).
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]