Wednesday, December 20, 2006

 

Feather pillows

I don't know whether it's just a cultural thing, or whether there's some religious law in play, this trip has reminded me that we Jews love our feather pillows. My archetypal picture of Jewish refugees, as described to me years ago by my mother, has them carrying a few prized possessions, including their down pillows.

I hadn't thought about this for years, and I myself tend to use a synthetic hollow-fill pillow. But I was pleasantly surprised by the big, soft down pillows at the Tel Aviv Sheraton. This is because chain hotel pillows these days tend to be hollow-fill monstrosities that are so bulky that your head feels like it's on a separate floor when you lie down on them. But the Tel Aviv Sheraton down pillows softly flattened out to the perfect height.

Well get this: the pillows on my El Al flight to Tel Aviv were, of all things, down.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]