Monday, September 04, 2006

 

The end of summer

Last night I went to dinner and a movie with B, and I decided to dress up for the occasion. I wore white "zoot suit" -type pleated pants with a charcoal gray silk Latin "hawaiian" shirt, untucked of course. I looked like Desi Arnaz, Jr., on his way to hang out at the Tropicana Club.

I've worn those pants maybe once since I bought them four years ago, and thought, "hey, I can't wear these puppies after Labor Day, so what the heck!" It was a balmy 76 degrees as we set out.

By the time we'd finished dinner an hour and a half later, it was gray and rainy and in the low 60s. There I was dressed for summer (okay-to-wear-white, school-hasn't-started-yet summer, as opposed to technical summer), and found myself overtaken by fall.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]