Friday, May 05, 2006

 

Feeling Pretty Good Friday

Existential Friday is on vacation

Sorry, no existential crisis today -- I'm feeling too good. Why?

1. My classes are over, it's the beginning of my summer, and I have great optimism about it.

2. The New York Mets at 19-8 have the second best record in baseball, a five game lead in the NL East and a 7 game lead over the hated Atlanta Braves. I just shelled out $180 for the MLB Cable Sports package and can see almost all the Mets games on TV. (Hint: I don't live in the NY area, so this is a treat.)

3. Last night was the first game of my mostly women's hockey league. Pork Chop is on my team. Remember her? She's my favorite hockey player, a fast, crushing defender. If you were me and really wanted to make a good impression on Pork Chop, what would you do? How about score your team's first (and only, in a 2-1 loss) goal of the season? Well, guess who did what. We all went out for beers afterwords, and I felt like I was just one of the girls. It doesn't get much better than that.

Comments:
Congrats to you on your awesome hockey game.

Congrats to the Mets on their lead in the league. (And to the Yankees who are leading in their league too.)

And, a big freakin' YAH! to classes being over.

But, I confess that I'm kinda conflicted. On the one hand, it's great that you're in a good mood. On the other hand, I look forward to your existential Friday posts. So, don't let this good mood of yours last for too long. OK?
 
at the risk of REALLY pissing off oscar,

GO YANKEES!!!

wpk
 
Wait until you really bond with your teammmates and start having cramps when they do :P
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]