Saturday, December 03, 2005

 

Misreading the auspices

You'd think that getting kicked out of your own house is not an auspicious start to the day. B is having a 3 or 4 female friends over to do yoga this morning at 9 a.m. It's not like it's a group of womyn doing yoga, but it's clear that my presence is not, er, required.

Untitled-7
Our living room converted into a yoga room.

But then things turned around. There was a parking spot on the street right in front of Rude 'n' Slow's Cafe, which is usually impossibly crowded and busy on weekends. Inside, there was an improbably small line.

And the bakery display case. Well, I don't know if I can describe it in words. Let's just say it was a lush garden of scones and croissants, including my two favorites: the almond and the chocolate-hazelnut croissant.

Two people got on line behind me, took one look at the bakery, and went "whuh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh," like a couple of sixty year old female Homer Simpsons. Priceless!

As I walked out with my bag of one almond and one chocolate-hazelnut croissant, two of the cutest little kids you can imagine -- a boy and a girl who looked like they just stepped out of a Kodak commercial -- smiled at me and giggled as if I were welcomed into their secret, whatever it was.

I walked out onto the street and an attractive woman looked me straight in the eye and smiled.

What the hell is going on???

Comments:
It's my birthday, that's what's going on.
 
Nice living room.
 
happy birthday, wendy!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]