Thursday, July 28, 2005

 

Welcome, all you right wing people!

If you (1) are new to this blog, and (2) clicked through the link to my surprisingly popular post (how to respond to the "do I look fat?" question), and (3) are now checking out the rest of the blog, there's a better-than-average chance that you are politically conservative. How do I know this? Trust me, I just do. (Explanation to follow in a later post.)

In the interest of fairness, I should disclose that on political matters, I may not be "one of you."

I give money to the ACLU. The ACLU actually doesn't issue membership cards to donors, but if they did, I would carry one!

I am pro choice! I support gun control! I voted for Kerry! I think the younger George Bush is the worst president ever! In this very blog I refer to him satirically as "w" (lower case).

But that's okay, right? Spirited political debate is one of the great strengths of our Republic -- the one thing we can all agree on. I respect you and your wrong-headed opinions, and would defend to the death (well, vigorously, anyway) your right to say them. It's a big country. Which I love as much as you do, by the way. I also love our flag (though I think you folks tend to wrap yourselves in it a bit too much.)

I'm glad you're here. Really.

By the way, some of my best reader-commenters are conservative. Ask Bryan -- he'll vouch for me, won't you, Bryan... Bryan?

***

Comments:
Your "do I look fat?" post was hilarious regardless of your political affiliation. :-) And thanks for the welcome..........
 
It looks to me like Bryan's blog is mostly blogbaby this and blogwife that with no politics. I think he gave up on politics awhile ago, so please will the rest of the people that read this not go flame that blog?

It does seem to me that there are some alternative opinions that can be found in the comments section of the Columnist Manifesto blog and they are well tolerated and frequently discussed using at least the same level of civility provided by the commenter.
 
I've noticed my blog roll is about half and half, with some in between. :) I suspect many of your readers are like me, who don't generally choose blogs by which "wing" the writer flies on and just reads the posts they enjoy.
 
I'm new to the blog, (well, relatively speaking) and all I was waiting for above was the 'Why aren't you Bob?' Though, if they gave cards I just might join.
 
I could have sworn there was a membership card thingy in the last money request I got from the ACLU. But that could have just been our state chapter.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]