Sunday, July 10, 2005

 

Today is our first anniversary -- more or less

My laptop and me!

DSCN3458
B's and my laptops making a little PDA
over iced coffees at Grandma Moses.


Yes it was (about) one year ago that I finally caved and bought my first lap top. Before that momentous day approximately one year ago, this was me:
"What could I do on a laptop that I couldn't do on my desktop? What, am I gonna lug it around everywhere? In one of those backpacks like some college kid? I don't want to have access to work and email everywhere I go, and I don't need my quiet cafe-sitting time intruded upon in that way. What's wrong with reading a book?"
That was then. I just didn't know. That was before I became a laptop-toting, email-writing, photo-blogging, law-review-article-editing, computer-chess-playing, digital-photo-posting, web-surfing mobile communications unit. Who toted his laptop around in a backpack while walking at least 10 miles a day on his European vacation.

Happy anniversary.

***

Comments:
happy anniversary, although you should give a warning before displaying photos of laptops in congress.
 
Congrats (don't spill those coffees onto the keyboards).
 
God bless all our laptops, every one.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]