Thursday, January 20, 2005

 

Not one damn dime day

I like the idea of the boycott, to drive home the fact that this president has nothing like a "mandate." I'm sure some version of the word "unite" was uttered by "w" today. Don't tell me, I don't really want to know. "I'm a uniter, not a divider," "let's work to bring the country together," or, more accurately, "why can't everyone just agree with me? They can't? Oh, well..."

Actually, I had totally forgotten about the boycott.

Fortunately, I overslept this morning, and made a command decision to grab some iced coffee to go from my own fridge (despite sub-freezing temperatures outside). I ran for the bus and caught it just in time, flashing my prepaid bus pass. Having decided that I would be unable to stomach the food sold inside our law school building, and that I would not have time to go out for lunch, I packed a banana to eat at my desk during lunchtime. The rest of the day I prepped for classes or taught them. Then, around 5:00 p.m., a colleague, who is a Republican but a very nice guy, mentioned the boycott. I will not spend a damn dime the rest of the day.

Does that count?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]