Thursday, December 23, 2004

 

10:45 a.m. – The Atomic Café

The Atomic Café has so much going for it. Great location – close to both offices and the funky neighborhood with its walking commercial district – and occupying half the ground floor of a beautifully refurbished factory that I believe is a historical landmark. Original wood flooring, tons of natural light, a charming, lulling folk group with a bluegrass tint playing atmospherically in the background, plenty of parking (a large lot around the side from the factory days no doubt), a small kids area in the back; free internet access (though “it’s been kind of funny lately, and is not working today!), and even power strips on the floor to plug in your computer! What could be better, right? This was the first coffee house I discovered when I moved to town, and I thought, “this is where I’m going to plant my flag!”

Yet there’s something about it – a bit too commercially together perhaps? – that has prevented me from feeling at home here. Maybe a big thing is, I don’t like their coffee that much. It’s heavy and Starbuckian. I’ve switched to decaf for the day, and ordered the Sumatran – I’d have preferred the organic Mexican were I here for my first cup of the day – which tastes thick. Their iced coffee is not very good, and their pastry offerings seem to have been ordered from a nationwide catering service – I’m sure I’ve had those bear claws in 5 different states.

Yet I’ll always have a soft spot for Atomic Café. I like the name (the real one almost as much as my made up one for it) and I’ll always remember it as the first place where I ever saw a copy of The Onion. I still remember what caught my eye – one of their sidebar story-less headlines in the lefthand corner of the front page, written not long after Gene Siskel unexpectedly died, which said, “Ebert Finally Wins.”

I won’t linger here either, today. What with the wireless internet down, and my coffee already tepid, I’m outta here.


Comments:
After a good read on blogs like this I like to leave little tips on goal setting. You know, the things you used to dream of when you were young, or even now.

A lot of research has shown that only those who set goals are likely to achieve their dreams.

When is the last time you really sat down and wrote a few short term and long term goals down?

What? It's been that long!

A new year is coming. You could do the same things you did this year and achieve the same results you did with your life dreams last year, or you could visit stating goals and read all the FREE information on setting goals and getting what you want out of life

OR

you could just piddle on through life hoping for the best, like most people do.

Which will it be?

You really can have a lot more of everything than you do now. All you gotta do is know what you want and have a plan.

Have a GREAT New Year!
 
I was going to leave a little tip on New Years Resolutions and how to make the best of them.

Unfortunately, I would not be able to keep it brief.

Goal setting takes effort and you really have to know how to do it to do it well. Especially the follow-up.

That's why I've included a lot of FREE goal setting information on my website, to help folks like you be more successful.

In fact, you can start now, and get a head start on the new year - and the rest of your life.

Think goal setting isn't important? Spend a little time at long term goals and you'll change your mind.

Have a GREAT day!
 
Have you done anything earth shattering lately?

Read anything that really sets your mind on fire with a passion to do good?

How about doing something important for yourself?

Have you?

Do you know without a doubt where life is taking you?

Got a Plan?

Know how to get there?

Most people don't. They just go through life hoping for the best. How can you possibly reach your dreams if you don't have a real plan?

A new year is coming. It's time to start thinking about your New Years Resolution and really start planning your life don't you think. Follow through on some of those old goals you had years ago.

Even people in the goal setting business tend not to visit their "life plan" very often.

Are you one of those?

Need a little refresher and some FREE goal setting tips?

Spend a few minutes at stating goals and take away life changing information.

Happy New Year!
 
Trying to get this message across to people everywhere that when a change their life and are tired of living the life the daily and being unhappy. I'm writing to you today to see. Arrested in changing your life by using goal writing techniques. I have spent a lot of my life working and listening to other people complain about things they think they have no control over such as their lives. Using modern goal writing techniques you can change your life today. You can start living a life you've always wanted to live.. I have found a site that is very helpful and has helped me change my life forever. If you're interested in changing your life today visit this site and you'll see what I'm talking about http://startlivingyourdreamstoday.com I am living proof that life will change on the outside when you change which you think on the inside. I would be writing this today if I thought the way I used to think. Thank you for letting me post on your blog I hope this information will help other people change the way they think and start living a good life. Thanks again
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]