Wednesday, November 10, 2004

 

Let them eat pie

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about, as Oscar Wilde said, and a blog link that pulls your nose is better than no link – especially when it comes from the mighty Althouse, who instantly tripled my readership with this link.

So is it ungrateful to bite the hand that tweaks you? If I say what’s on my mind, will Althouse say “see if I ever link to him again”? But if I don’t say anything, doesn’t that make me a – what? – a link lackey?
"The Columnist Manifesto" is still fuming that Kerry didn't fight a legal battle in Ohio. Looks like somebody needs to go shopping! Or maybe some pie...
Yeah, I'm still fuming. I’m sure Althouse is not so whimsical as to suggest that Kerry supporters are mere sore losers who should just “get over it” as if what we’ve experienced is our team losing the Super Bowl. Aside from the fact that I am a sore loser who was upset for weeks when the Mets lost the 2000 World Series, only someone with a seasonal interest in politics could fail to see that this game is deadly serious, and is particularly deadly serious to the folks Althouse voted for (“w” and those who control him).

While searching Althouse blog for what proved to be the link to me, I came across this item.
Will MSM [“mainstream media”] give us more positive-sounding reports from Iraq now that there's no longer an incentive to affect the election with Iraq-is-a-mess slanting?
Whoah, there. What is the implication of this statement? Either Althouse is calling on MSM to provide us with a diet of propaganda to “help the war effort,” or else voting for Bush is such a transformative experience that Althouse has become a true believer: we’re to understand that things are in fact going according to plan in Iraq, there actually were WMDs and ties to al Queda in Iraq, and that whole Abu Ghraib thing was just the liberal MSM “making shit up” to hurt Bush.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]