Wednesday, June 01, 2005

 

Have law, will travel

Yesterday, listening to the car radio in our rented Mercedes, speeding up the autobahn, I caught a snatch of an interview with Kavossy Franklin, an American "basketballmeister" playing pro ball in the German basketball league.

What a cool way to spend time abroad, I fantasized. If only I had some athletic skill, not so good as to make the pros in the U.S., but good enough to play professionally in Europe for a couple of years... how fun would that be?

Hey, wait a minute... I do! Well, sort of. I'm about to teach a three week course to German law students, called "The American Jury Trial System." And I get to teach in English -- indeed, they insist that I do to help expose their students to a foreign language experience.

If I could only get them to form some sort of european league in American law studies, I'd be golden. Amerikanisherechtsmeister Oskar Madison!

**

Comments:
Well that certainly trumps my fantasy of singing in a lounge band on a cruise ship...
 
I haven't been following the Mr. Snuff trial closely, but now that I have high speed right in my apartment, I'm going to get caught up on my reading. I did catch the pic of Althouse, which really blew me away.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]