Wednesday, June 01, 2005

 

Have law, will travel

Yesterday, listening to the car radio in our rented Mercedes, speeding up the autobahn, I caught a snatch of an interview with Kavossy Franklin, an American "basketballmeister" playing pro ball in the German basketball league.

What a cool way to spend time abroad, I fantasized. If only I had some athletic skill, not so good as to make the pros in the U.S., but good enough to play professionally in Europe for a couple of years... how fun would that be?

Hey, wait a minute... I do! Well, sort of. I'm about to teach a three week course to German law students, called "The American Jury Trial System." And I get to teach in English -- indeed, they insist that I do to help expose their students to a foreign language experience.

If I could only get them to form some sort of european league in American law studies, I'd be golden. Amerikanisherechtsmeister Oskar Madison!

**

Comments:
Well that certainly trumps my fantasy of singing in a lounge band on a cruise ship...
 
Do you think they'd be interested in a course on the Clay Trial System? I'd like to visit Germany.
 
I haven't been following the Mr. Snuff trial closely, but now that I have high speed right in my apartment, I'm going to get caught up on my reading. I did catch the pic of Althouse, which really blew me away.
 
You have a great blog here! Your blog looks really nice

I have a new zealand travel site. It pretty much covers new zealand travel information related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Hi I just came across your blog about luxury travel and wanted to drop you a
note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.
I have a luxury travel. It pretty much covers luxury travel related stuff.
so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource
on the Internet here!

Thanks,
gary
 
And on a lighter note than pure court trial transcript , check out the funniest trial transcript ever! If it's not serious enough of a topic, well, just pretend it's the Brit's version of court trial transcript !
 
Hi, As you are probably aware, there are so many junk filled blogs. As I was searching for travel services related information today, it was a nice break from the 'usual' to come across your blog. I am happy I searched for travel services related ideas and share with you today. Thanks,John.
 
Hi, your blog is fantastic! Well done!

I have a tennessee travel site/blog. It pretty much covers tennessee travel related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Hi, As you are probably aware, there are so many junk filled blogs. As I was searching for washington state travel related information today, it was a nice break from the 'usual' to come across your blog. I am happy I searched for washington state travel related ideas and share with you today. Thanks,John.
 
Thank you for the informative blog
Here Is some additional
Tauck Tours Resources with vacation ideas, and information if you or your readers are interested.Guided Tours and Vacations
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]